***MOCKS RE-STARTING AT LINGERFIELD OFFICE SAT-4-JUL-2020*****
We'll be restarting live in-situ 11+ mocks on Saturday 4 July at Lingerfield. Social distancing means that we'll be restricting sessions to 4 children maximum. The office will be cleaned thoroughly for each session and appropriate hygiene measures will be in place. Zoom mocks will continue alongside in-situ mocks until we are confident of being able to revert to in-situ mocks completely, so children get the full "mock exam" experience. Scroll down for the schedule and keep an eye on this page for updates.
Zoom mocks are all done with Verbal Reasoning, followed by Non-verbal Reasoning in the same sitting, with a 10-minute break in between. The total time required is just under 2 hours. Parents are requested to book all mocks in pairs (VR and NVR together).
Exam practice for 11+ Ripon Grammar School
- Group sessions where students sit a practice 11+ paper in exam conditions
- Unseen, original questions used for each in-situ mock
- We have written all our own material and have enough for 8 verbal reasoning mocks and 8 non-verbal reasoning mocks (in addition to our Familiarisation papers)
- The tests are conducted in conditions designed to be as much like the real day as possible
- Duration 45 minutes to 1 hour (2 hours max. for 2 mocks)
- Price is £27 for each mock (£54 the pair), which includes marking and confidential written feedback on the paper
- Formative written feedback with marks emailed to parents within 48 hours (usually same / next day)
- Held in a dedicated classroom in Lingerfield (HG5 9JB) (unless specified otherwise)
- Mock Reviews. A 30 minute post-Mock lesson for specific test feedback with the child, at a cost of £18
Most children attend at least two pairs of mocks, and often more, to assess progress. We have found that it is most beneficial to the children to start these mocks at the beginning of the summer holidays, or even during the summer term of Yr5. This usually allows enough time to address any issues that may arise. Also, the more mocks that a child sits, the more confident they become for the real exam. Using mocks, children get a chance to make all the classic mistakes (there are many!) in a risk-free environment. We usually see a steady improvement in their results from mock to mock.
First held in 2019, we will be repeating the Super Mock that took place in 2019.
2020's date has been postponed to Friday 30th October 9am-11am because of the recent (July 2020) postponement of the 11+ exam by the local authority. The venue for this will be Staveley Village Hall, HG5 9LD. We are scheduling this Super Mock to take place before the real exam to give the children an opportunity to be as fully prepared as possible for the exam.
This is a double mock where every child will have to attend both mocks and every child will be sitting the same mock. The cost of this Super Mock is £52. In contrast to our regular mocks there are no restrictions on numbers. Booking is essential. Book here.
|Date (2020)||Venue||Time||Verbal / Non Verbal|
|Sat-19-Sep||Lingerfield||09:00 - 10:00||Verbal|
|Sat-19-Sep||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Non verbal|
|Fri-25-Sep||Lingerfield||16:30 - 17:30||Verbal|
|Fri-25-Sep||Lingerfield||17:30 - 18:30||Non-verbal|
|Sat-26-Sep||Lingerfield||09:00 - 10:00||Verbal|
|Sat-26-Sep||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Non verbal|
|Sat-3-Oct||Lingerfield||09:00 - 10:00||Verbal|
|Sat-3-Oct||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Non verbal|
|Fri-9-Oct||Lingerfield||16:30 - 17:30||Verbal|
|Fri-9-Oct||Lingerfield||17:30 - 18:30||Non verbal|
|Sat-10-Oct||Lingerfield||09:00 - 10:00||Verbal|
|Sat-10-Oct||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Non verbal|
|Sat-17-Oct||Lingerfield||09:00 - 10:00||Verbal|
|Sat-17-Oct||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Non verbal|
|Sat-24-Oct||Lingerfield||09:00 - 10:00||Verbal|
|Sat-24-Oct||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Non verbal|
|Sun-25-Oct (Supermock A)||Staveley||09:00 - 11:00||Verbal and Non verbal|
|Wed-28-Oct||Lingerfield||10:00 - 11:00||Verbal|
|Wed-28-Oct||Lingerfield||11:00 - 12:00||Non verbal|
|Fri-30-Oct (Supermock B)||Staveley||09:00 - 11:00||Verbal and Non verbal|